Pin me!

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Recipe: Honey chicken grilled with white sauce

I cook this dinner quite often, since it is very simple and my husband likes it too.


This was a picture from another day (below pic). I made chicken and meat with black pepper sauce, that's why you can see meat slices next to chicken :). I'll write the black pepper sauce recipe in next posting once I snap a picture (words without pictures won't give your taste buds any flavour, right?)


Ok, here is the recipe:


HONEY CHICKEN GRILLED WITH WHITE SAUCE

6 pieces chicken
2 tbs honey
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mixed herbs
cayenne pepper

In a large bowl, season the chicken pieces with all the ingredients. Mix well and leave it for about 15-30 minutes.

The chicken can either be grilled in the oven or on your pan over your stove or just do it outside with your barbecue set (I don't have one, so pan suits me well, :)). Sometimes, I choose to grill in the oven, but, it take longer to cook than using the stove. I like to use the stove because the chicken pieces will retain its' juices and more tender than using the oven. In a hot pan, sprinkle some olive oil (about a table spoon). Grill (or better say fry) the chicken until both sides are golden brown and a bit crispy.



Veggies are the best stimuli for my taste buds (Oooohh, I love veggies,huhu!). It is a must for every meal I eat. The more the better.. So, for this recipe, grilled potatoes, asparagus, and pepper are the perfect match. Plus, a bowl of salad. For the grilled veggies, just spread some pepper and salt. Grill on your pan for few minutes until it is cooked. Potatoes take a bit longer to cook, so you'll need to slice it thinner but not so thin, because you'll not get the tenderness and taste of potatoes once it is cooked.

WHITE SAUCE

1 tbs butter
An onion (dice)
2 tbs flour (mix up in half cup of water)
A cup of fresh milk
Pepper
White stock
Salt to taste

In a pan, melt the butter. Add onion. Wait few minutes until it becomes yellowish. Add in flour. Mix continuously until it boils. Add in milk, pepper, white stock and salt. Mix slowly until it boils.
Finish it up, with rosemary or parsley... Tadaaa... But, I don't have picture of white sauce. Will snap one, once I make this again.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Anna, resepi ni sgt simple,sesuai bila dah penat2 nak masak tu..Anyway,nnt nak pergi jugak test chicken chop tu.. :)

      Delete